SEO Lunch & Learn In Review
At Fat Cat’s first Lunch and Learn, we had Natalie Teigen, Web Developer and Designer from Avallo Creative and Web Development here to present information on optimizing search engines for better business. Part of her presentation featured a Periodic Table of SEO Rankings that outlined practices best used when developing your social media tools for greatest results.
Bottom line, as the Cat see’s it, in order to leverage your SEO – your company MUST first have a web presence, ie. a website, facebook fan page, blog or some other form of online media. Over time, your presence on the web through the proper use of any or all of these channels marketing your company and services creates a reputation. Google looks at this history online to create your SEO ranking.
What are the ways you can build a strong web presence?
• Good, well-written content that is not vague.
• Researched links builds expertise and credibility.
• Ease of readability. Not too technical, not too “dumbed-down.”
• Call to action present on home page.
• Content is relevant and timely.
• Visitors, clients, users are active and sharing your information with others!
What NOT to do:
• Have content that is vague. This can actually become a violation of SEO guidelines and lower your rankings. This is referred to as “thin content”
• Leave off valuable contact information on home page.
• Expect immediate results. Rome was not built in a day.
Here is a condensed version of that table as found at www.searchengineland.com
Special guests were: Sarah and Jesse Molnau from Studio West Designs, Joanne Reed, Writer / Author, Bob Hagstrom from Twin Cities Best Coupons.com, “Froggy” and Mark and Bridget Biermann with Body by Vi.
Periodic Table Source: www.searchengineland.com
Photo by: Fat Cat Art Studio LLC