Mpls/St. Paul Business Journal visits Fat Cat Art Studio
On September 20th, 2012, Wendy Blomseth from the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal (MSPBJ) presented a “Smart Reader” seminar at the River Heights Chamber of Commerce as a guest of chamber member, Fat Cat Art Studio LLC. Fat Cat is a new business in Inver Grove Heights and she would like community business owners to know she comes with a broad range of skills and resources to share.
At this Lunch and Learn with Wendy, we learned:
• The Journal has about 300,000 unique online visitors per month with a total of around 1 million visitors per month.
• The MSPBJ provides a digital network that you can use to create customized news alerts and industry watch feeds to stay on top of what’s happening.
• You can use the MSPBJ to announce your own promotion or new job as a subscriber.
• People reading the MSPBJ are C-Level managers and are very interested in business growth.
• 80% of business owners are reading the Journal.
• Use the MSPBJ to share good information with your clients or business audience once a week.
• Use the List of Top 25 Businesses each week.
• Set up your own custom news alerts.
• Use the mobile ap.
• Be disciplined to read the MSPBJ online or in print every day. Set aside an hour to make contacts using the MSPBJ.
• Attend events put on by the MSPBJ and grow your network.
Wendy further encouraged attendees to decide on a strategy and make an action plan. Of course, using the great resource the MSPBJ provides!
A special thanks goes out to Wendy Blomseth. Knowing her professionally over the past few years as a small business owner and colleague has added value to my own business. Wendy always is willing to cheerfully share her knowledge with others. It is because of professionals such as Wendy, that our community, our city, and our businesses succeed.
Today’s presentation provided attendees with an armload of resources to grow your business. If you’d like more information about future Lunch and Learn’s provided by Fat Cat Art Studio, please contact Lisa Olson at (651) 450-8275 or visit her website at www.fatcatartstudio.com. If you are interested in finding out more about the Smart Reader Seminars, please go to the website: www.twincities.bizjournals.com.